Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Heiwa ni suru! "Go in peace yall"

Yataa! Watashitachi wa owarimasu! We are just about done. Everyone still has one more trial left for this class, but it's in the bag. I feel like maybe I didn't try hard enough in this class strictly because I had so much fun! Typically I try really hard to reap the fruits of my effort only to be smacked around and brought down a couple of notches. In this class, though, there were no fruits to be reaped, only shared insights of inscape, mysticism, and exploration. I like this. I like the fact that I can take what I have learned and make it my own.

What do we do now that we are so close to being done? This is the ultimate question that is constantly slapping us in the face. Well, I don't know about the rest of you, but I am going to get drunk, refill my beer with contradicting tears of joy and sorrow, and then fare forward. As we step out into the chaos, we must remember that we are not alone in this heterogeneous world. We are poets, philosophers, victims of knowledge, and most importantly the warriors of the future. Our innocence may be lost, but at least we know where we can find it. Tucked away in the depths of our metaphorical garden, we can escape when we need to and dip back into the our sea of youth. Actually, I think that finding our youth was the whole point of this class. To revisit our past, relate it to our present, and apply it to our future. I appreciate being required to put all three of these points of time into one conscious moment. Thank you all for listening, reading, and talking to me throughout my English experience. I must go now and ditch this sentimental scene for something less depressing and more lively. PEACE!

No comments:

Post a Comment